Old Fort, NC Car Show wants Military Vehicles

Steel Soldiers is supported by:

MDSA

Member
696
0
16
Location
Valdese, NC
The Old Fort, NC Car Show on April 30 wants some Military Vehicles. They were very interested in our participation. Should be a good show. Dan Toney said they have many Vietnam Vets and are having The Moving Vietnam Wall come for a visit in May. They want us there for that too, but no date yet.

Old Fort is at mile marker 73 on I-40, just east of Black Mtn. If you're coming from the east, you won't have to climb Black Mtn.

Attn Jay Black: I expect you to bring that great looking Deuce of yours down from Weaverville.
 

Attachments

MDSA

Member
696
0
16
Location
Valdese, NC
IROC99,

Just show up. There is no entry fee. They are quite excited at the prospect of having MV's at the show this year. And since it's in coordination with a local festival, should be a good opportunity to show the trucks. Should be plenty to do. My wife may even come along since she'll have the festival to browse through.

I've got to ask about your screen name; does that stand for a '99 Camaro? My son at the Air Force Academy has a '89 IROC with a T-Top. Really cool Camaro.

Hope you can make the drive.
 

IROC99

New member
49
0
0
Location
Marion/South Carolina
My kids suggested the name, saying I rock 99% of time. Don't know about the other 1%!! I did have a Z-28, 4 speed (84) though. And the camaro IS back. Anyway, thanks for info, I want to go to some of these events to see first hand what people have done to CUCVs and to see what else people have. I think a 2.5 ton would make a nice "farm" truck, etc.
 

MDSA

Member
696
0
16
Location
Valdese, NC
Spoke with Dan Toney about this show last night. They have a local festival at the same time so we should have a good crowd. The actual car show is held on Commerce Street with plenty of parking so we should be able to pull straight in, turn around in one of the parking lots, and then out.

Since most of us probably live EAST of Old Fort, maybe we meet at Exit 106 and then convoy in.

Got about a month guys.
 

MDSA

Member
696
0
16
Location
Valdese, NC
Neil,

I understand. A good 3, maybe 4 hours - in a Deuce.

Not sure about Uhwarrie. That's Easter weekend. Brandon is talking about coming down Friday night and leave Saturday. I'm thinking about putting the M37 on a trailer and show up just for Saturday. We'll see.

Brian
 

MDSA

Member
696
0
16
Location
Valdese, NC
Attended the Old Fort Car Show Saturday. Had a lot of interest in the trucks, especially when I loaded the M37 on the trailer. Should have seen the camera phones come out as I creeped up those ramps.

A lot of Veterans came by and talked. The trucks really stirred the memories.
 

Attachments

Top
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks