• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old garage find

davesbf

Found this past summer growing into the weed patch behind a out-of-the-way repair garage.It is an xM152 made in detroit.According to tech info there were only 155 made in detroit with double rear doors like the M43.Never really adopted by military .Canada mfg.over 1000 as radio trucks.will try to post pics.

Attachments

davesbf

AS far as inside pictures,the box made a nice storage area for the winter,will get pictures after i clean it out.The origina l step/seat is still there.the inside is solid,and i have an original telephone operator station(courtesy of HAWKMAN) which will be installed along with period radios. A nice find was the back was filled with M37 replacemant parts many of which i alreadyt sold.

saddamsnightmare

December 27th, 2011.

I drove the Canadian version built by Fargo, slow as a boulder going uphill, noisy, but with good cab and rear end heaters. For those of you who have never seen these trucks....the screens over the windows are an anti grenade measure, not intended as a "paddy wagon". It probably has fewer miles/hours of use then the standard cargo carrier and probably few more then a comparable ambulance.:):beer:

Good find...

Tanner

Good save! Nice to see another old soldier find a new home -

Try this... http://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachments/m37/108284d1233798054-xm152-xm152-u.s.-model.jpg

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/m37/25666-intro-seeking-info-xm152.html

Add'l info: "
According to John Zentmyer's research: (TM9-1840C, IPC Research Department Technical Manual, "The Production Story, 1949-1968, published in July 1987)

"The only configuration that was produced in quantity was a later version procured by the Air Force. This truck was quite similar to the M43 Ambulance, having no side windows and double rear doors. 150 of these vehicles were made. The well-known picture of the XM152 with side windows is of one of the five pilot models. The only production vehicles with side windows were produce in Canada (they also had only one rear door).""

Hmmm... would be nice if this was one of the prototype trucks, but the black & white photo of the XM152 shows it w/o winch -

'Tanner'

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks