• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old photos of 5 ton trucks - M813, M923

msgjd

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes! We don't have those stateside.
My M109A3 has delineator reflectors on its mudflaps .. It's last duty was a stateside guard unit for at least five years according to paperwork found in the truck.. Was the truck in Europe, shipped back, the reflectors never removed by the final unit? .. Anyones guess is as good as another .. Saw a few other 6x6's with delineators in the stateside GL yard on base when i went to pick up this one and two other trucks in 2008 therabouts.. But yes I agree it's not common here in the States..

I can tell you this particular truck's final unit traveled very-long stretches of I-87 , I-90, and a section of I-81, at least 12 hours one-way in a deuce, in order to get to Ft Drum for their AT.. That is not only where the truck was disposed of, but there were unit convoy & driver assignment lists in the truck indicating AT periods there.. This also was a unit maint truck, thus it could've been running roads alone all by itself between in-state facilities , there's lots of traffic and interstate around the area where this unit was based.. So, who knows. There's is also the possibility (other than having come from Germany), the unit may have put the delineators on for extra protection due to their AO

I can also tell you I appreciated them being there late one night when I had to make a service call with it on a road frequented by speeding log trucks and canadian haulers coming up fast on my butt

2007_06100025 copy.JPG

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
When we deployed the 6/3 ADA Patriot Bn to K-Town in 1986, I had two multi pack boxes full of the Delineators to install on the vehicles before I could issue them. Hundreds and hundreds of them. I had a team of two people who installed every item available at the time of issue, on each truck, trailer and wheel chair, then filled out the issue documents. It took weeks to do it all. The delineators were a major PITA.

I did not spend more then 2-2.5 years in the States during my 20+ years in, and do not ever remember seeing any vehicle with Delineators on them. There might be units who deployed on REFORGER and took their vehicles with them, who had to apply Delineators on them during the field problem. When the returned, they could have left them on the trucks, due to the PITA of getting them back off.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What are the delineator reflectors for? I've seen them on some trucks for sale stateside. Are they like slow-moving vehicle triangles?
Ask Wes about what they are for. When a green camo truck is traveling in the middle of the night with two tiny red tail lights and two tiny reflectors on an Autobahn at convoy speed, and a besoffen driver in a BMW comes up to them at 160 km/hr, someone is bound to die. The delineators give drivers about 1 second more reaction time before impact.

MyothersanM1

19K M1 Armor Crewman
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Love the NATO delineators! Being a USAREUR Veteran stationed near Bremerhaven in Garlstedt mid-'88 to the end of '89, I just had to have them.
I was an M1A1 Tank Crewman over there. We had them mounted on aluminum plates with Velcro just below the taillights. The Velcro was so they could be removed for tactical operations.
Here are set permanently affixed to my M818. They are very effective. When it's parked at home on the street and when I drive down the street at night it's the first thing that pops.
I bought several sets from France...
MILITARY VEHICLE DELINEATOR 20cmX20cm

Frame end 057.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks