• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

old style gear to new style change over?

wsucougarx

You can change them out. They are interchangable. However, I have seen the newer landing gears on private sales for more than what I paid for my trailer:-(

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It is very easy to change from old to new style landing gear. What's in the picture in post 3, is all you need.

2Deuces wild

Great, My Husband's private is getting a little old for Really heavy lifting... :razz:

This gear looks easier on his back side....

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This gear looks easier on his back side....
It is, I have changed all of mine to the new style for that same reason. You will be very happy.

ida34

When I was in the Army we always preferred the old style as it rolled easier and was quicker to attach. It takes longer to crank the landing gear up enough to get over the pintle then crank it back down so you could swing the gear up. It is nice to have a back up when alone. I just use my high lift jack and it works fine. I would not pay to change them but that is me. It is simply a matter of removing the pivot nut and removing it from the casting. In any event, good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks