• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old thread revived.... NHC 5-ton fuel mileage?

CanonNinja

Searched and found a little bit, but figured I'd make a new thread instead of bringing a year+ old thread back from the grave... Looking for fuel mileage/mph that you 800 series guys get and with what tire setup... been semi-swayed away from the 900s and looking into a singled 813 now... I average 8-13mpg in the deuce, just looking for what to expect on the step up. Thanks!

AMGeneral

Well,at this point I have enough "seat time" in the 816 to answer this,It varies between 4 and 6.6 mpg,depending on load and towed loads.Both trips to haul home the 2 M123's I purchased(about 31K and 22K respectively) the 816 got about 4.3 mpg.Both trips to Aberdeen averaged between 5.6 and 6 mpg.The trip to Ohio with Cabell to pick up his 817 dump averaged out at around 5 mpg(LOTS more hills to pull :driver: ).But this is with a 37,000 lb truck with stock 1100 X 20 duals so a 813 would probably be somewhat better.

Westech

CPL
Well I hope i can come close to my Deuce wtih my 813. I am installing the 14:00's singles and not turning up the fuel or anything. If I got 7+ i would be happy... my deuce got over 10 Im going to mis that , along with burnig anything i could get inthe tank.

CanonNinja

Westech said:
Well I hope i can come close to my Deuce wtih my 813. I am installing the 14:00's singles and not turning up the fuel or anything. If I got 7+ i would be happy... my deuce got over 10 Im going to mis that , along with burnig anything i could get inthe tank.

I'm with you there... I'm drooling over 813s right now, since I can affectively get on in a a range I can hopefully afford... I've got a few friends that would by my truck today for the price I paid for it originally, which makes it even more hard not to look into the bigger trucks... I wish I had the cash for DMA's truck, but it was out of reach at the time and too far to afford transporting

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my 819 (36k lb) get almost 6 mpg on the road, about 4 mpg around town ( a lot of third gear), it has 1200x20s. on the road , it is mostly fifth at 1900 to 2000 rpm doing 60 mph or a bit better, but not on long steap grades

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks