• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Old thread revived.... NHC 5-ton fuel mileage?

CanonNinja

Searched and found a little bit, but figured I'd make a new thread instead of bringing a year+ old thread back from the grave... Looking for fuel mileage/mph that you 800 series guys get and with what tire setup... been semi-swayed away from the 900s and looking into a singled 813 now... I average 8-13mpg in the deuce, just looking for what to expect on the step up. Thanks!

AMGeneral

Well,at this point I have enough "seat time" in the 816 to answer this,It varies between 4 and 6.6 mpg,depending on load and towed loads.Both trips to haul home the 2 M123's I purchased(about 31K and 22K respectively) the 816 got about 4.3 mpg.Both trips to Aberdeen averaged between 5.6 and 6 mpg.The trip to Ohio with Cabell to pick up his 817 dump averaged out at around 5 mpg(LOTS more hills to pull :driver: ).But this is with a 37,000 lb truck with stock 1100 X 20 duals so a 813 would probably be somewhat better.

Westech

CPL
Well I hope i can come close to my Deuce wtih my 813. I am installing the 14:00's singles and not turning up the fuel or anything. If I got 7+ i would be happy... my deuce got over 10 Im going to mis that , along with burnig anything i could get inthe tank.

CanonNinja

Westech said:
Well I hope i can come close to my Deuce wtih my 813. I am installing the 14:00's singles and not turning up the fuel or anything. If I got 7+ i would be happy... my deuce got over 10 Im going to mis that , along with burnig anything i could get inthe tank.

I'm with you there... I'm drooling over 813s right now, since I can affectively get on in a a range I can hopefully afford... I've got a few friends that would by my truck today for the price I paid for it originally, which makes it even more hard not to look into the bigger trucks... I wish I had the cash for DMA's truck, but it was out of reach at the time and too far to afford transporting

73m819

Rock = older than dirt , GA. MAFIA , Dirty
Steel Soldiers Supporter
In Memorial
my 819 (36k lb) get almost 6 mpg on the road, about 4 mpg around town ( a lot of third gear), it has 1200x20s. on the road , it is mostly fifth at 1900 to 2000 rpm doing 60 mph or a bit better, but not on long steap grades