• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OLD wreckage pictures from 2004

cucvrus

I was on my way to work with one of my perfect condition M1028's. The 1991 Chevy ran the red light. MVC-503S.JPGMVC-511S.JPGMVC-510S.JPGMVC-509S.JPGMVC-508S.JPGMVC-507S.JPGMVC-506S.JPGMVC-505S.JPGMVC-504S.JPGMVC-513S.JPGAt the time this truck had about 5K miles on it.

SSGTUSMC

Wow so sad!!! Hope you are alright... How's the other car look? I would have cried if that was my truck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

cucvrus

MVC-518S.JPGMVC-526S.JPGMVC-525S.JPGMVC-524S.JPGMVC-523S.JPGMVC-522S.JPGMVC-520S.JPGMVC-519S.JPGMVC-517S.JPGMVC-527S.JPGFunny thing was it happened a 1/2 mile from my house and I walked home and got another CUCV truck. I need an accident report and the state police thought it was the same truck when I drove up with another perfect CUCV. The pictures were all part of an insurance settlement for the condition and amount of damage. I fixed the truck and it went on to live happily ever after. The 1991 Chevy 1/2 ton 4 X 4 was never on the road again. Look how it bent hat A pillar up. He caught me on the edge of the front bumper. The CUCV was drivable from the scene. I needed to attach the upper radiator hose. It was only a 1/2 mile back home. What a way to start the day. Just wanted to share these pictures I found. I thought they were gone for ever. I had 2 really bad accidents with CUCV's Both at the fault of others failure to yield. Have a great day. Submitted for your viewing pleasure or dis-pleasure.

cucvrus

No that ain't the DUDE. That is an M1028. The DUDE is an M1028A1. You forget I had a few of theses trucks at the same time. my brothers, Friends, Dad , and Son had them also. Along with everyone else that knew me and wanted one. We were producing 1 every month for a few years. I have 35mm pictures and slides. Can't show them here. But DUDE was wrecked once and needed a bumper, grille, brush guard, right fender and core support. The hood that was on it when you bought it was/is the stock factory hood. So that gives you an idea of the impact extent and zone. This hood was not salvageable.

cucvrus

Trouble with a capital "T"
And that rhymes with "P" and that stands for pool!
No I had no troubles. I sent the truck to a body shop and when I got it back it looked like a brand new truck. All new GM sheet metal on every damaged panel. Now keep in mind this truck was a new in looks and condition as new gets. No damage anywhere. I left it set until it was fixed. They did a fantastic job. I opted to NOT fix it myself. The only trouble was if I took the money for a total loss it would have left and went to a salvage pool. I was OK with that. But I wanted it fixed also. Sort of looking back I think I should have taken the money and left it go. And the next time I was glad I had it fixed. I had all the parts in the GM boxes and wanted them to pay for the repairs. So I just had it fixed. It did reveal a few hidden damages about 6 months later. Bolt broken on Dana 60 housing. Just sitting in there. And the axle hosing center carrier did go over and dent the oil pan. During that impact it broke the oil pick up loose from the pump. And when I went around fast hard turns the oil light flickered. The oil pickup was swinging like a pendulum in the pan. I seen it with my own 2 eyes. I was able to get a $500. supplement written because the dented oil pan was noted on the original estimate. I thought it was a slight cosmetic dent and it was. But the initial impact sent the axle over further then I imagined. It also pinched the left rear valve cover against the fire wall at the brake booster reinforcement and sliced it slightly. So caution to accepting a single repair estimate. I would have scrapped it as a result on hind sight. But it all worked out. Thanks for asking. I walked away uninjured.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks