• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oldy but - ok just an oldy

Nick54

I have a M101A2 for which I have already purchased 1156 and 67 12volt bulbs, 2 replacement light housings and a trailer side round 7 pin pigtail that will connect to my Tacoma. Also got the appropriate terminals that match the trailer wiring so I can connect the 7 pin cable to the trailer wiring at the tongue. When I opened the light housings to change out the bulbs, I found 4 bulbs in each housing, I'm guessing that the 2 at the top are the ones I purchased replacements for.
What happens to the other two when everything is wired up?
Should I remove those bulbs and leave sockets empty?
Most importantly, anyone know the correct wire connections between the 7 pin cable and the trailer?

I know this topic has had plenty of mileage and I did spend about an hour and a half tonight reading through threads to try and figure this stuff out, I must admit I'm not the best when it comes to automotive wiring so any help will be much appreciated.

KsM715

the two bottom bulbs are the blackout bulbs, they go un-used. There is a wire diagram floating around here,I'll see if I can find it.

*Edit* Ok here is what you need; Military harness circut # and Pin
22-460 Pin J = Right turn/stop light
22-461 Pin B = Left turn/stop light
21 Pin E = Tail/marker lights
90 Pin D = Ground

The wires under the small cover on the tongue of the trailer should have these little metal tags on them with some numbers. the numbers above are what you need to tie the 7 pin pig tail into. (that should have a diagram in the packaging to tell you which pin on the 7pin will be your stop,turn and marker light wires)

Last edited:

Nick54

Thanks KsM715, I believe this is exactly what I needed. I'm guessing KsM isn't Kalead Sheik Mohammed :-D
Thanks again for the fast response buddy.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks