• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

? on a spare for a M101A1

12vman

looking for a spare for my M101A1 and I am finding out quickly that its tough to find one

It came w/ brand new tires and the rims look brand new too'

The rim looks all one piece and is very similar to an old farm truck rim

Any advice???

thanks

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Welcome to SS. I don't believe any 101's came with spares. Units added them sometimes by using the spare bracket from a M37. If it's an A1, it should have the 2 piece lock ring rim. There were VERY few late one piece rims (5 lug). A member from GA was selling them. Personally, I have never seen a one piece 5 lug other than in a picture.

monkeythumbs

Unfortunately your post count is too low to place a WTB ad. One way to find on is checking auctions sites and looking for an inexpensive extra trailer . Maybe a member will just PM you here and offer one up for a price, especially if its a spare. How about craigslist, think the tires are the same as a M37 to increase your search for a spare.

M813A1

I would also be interested in getting a spare for my trailer or maybe 2 new tires and keep my older tires as the spare .

Last edited:

12vman

Welcome to SS. I don't believe any 101's came with spares. Units added them sometimes by using the spare bracket from a M37. If it's an A1, it should have the 2 piece lock ring rim. There were VERY few late one piece rims (5 lug). A member from GA was selling them. Personally, I have never seen a one piece 5 lug other than in a picture.

mine has two brand new one piece rims and two brand new tires

koolex11

Good luck! The M37 (Dodge Power Wagon) uses the same Budd 16" split ring as the 101A1. So start asking around town. My old-timer barber told me about a guy who had some, if you can believe that! If you can, try to find the rim style where the rings bolt on. Much cooler looking and MUCH safer!

koolex11

12V, Annapolis is beautiful this time of year. Why not take a mini vacation? Eat some seafood and buy a spare tire from Ripcord?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks