• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

On board air Greenhorn.

HOWEY

Been collecting the various items to get me going on a first time on board air system over the last few months.
I used a Viair 400c which has 33% duty cycle and a respectable 2.54 cfm,
a 5 gallon air reciever i liberated from an old army truck and a 6 port manifold and various fittings from my local truck parts store...........
Why? cos i wanted a way to air and repair tyres, run some air tools and power a set of air horns that came of a cincinnati fire truck :p (real reason if im honest)rofl
Fired it all up and no leaks, have a quick connect in engine bay for blow gun and such, another at brushgaurd with a regulator for air wrench, impact and so on.
It works great on most air tools except those that are really air hungry, like orbital sanders and drills, i might upgrade to another compressor at a later stage and run the two together.
Overall this was a fun project and im well pleased....... oh and yeah those air horns will stop your heart dead!!:p

Attachments

MarcusOReallyus

I love it!

Especially the air horns. :mrgreen:

I know what you mean about stopping your heart. I once installed a phone for a contractor in his work pickup. He had the horns off a train squeezed in under the hood. His setup didn't provide the full pressure they were made for, but they would still get your attention. :grd:

Wildmax

Man, I really like your 09, would like to see more photos if you could. Super clean and well thought out! Like to use some of your mods on my 09. Thanks:p:grd:

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks