• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

? on M101A1 trailer lights???

12vman

Im getting ready to fix up the lights on my trailer.
At first I thought to screw the military lights and just buy a 12v system and hook it up

As I looked at the military plug I thought there has to be a way tokeep the military style lights ,change the bulbs to 12v bulbs then figure out how to take the mil plug and connect it to a 12 4 pin plug as the 4 pin is what my truck is

I have looked at some of the previous posts on this and it looks like it is done by changing the bulbs(which number bulb i dont know) and connecting a male 4 pin to the military plug on the tongue.

How do i know which wires to connect to?

Is there anything that will tell me what the different wires stand for on the mil plug?

Advice ?

thanks!!!!

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Fresh Fish!

KsM715

Aw come on DH do you really think we need to go thru this again?

(searching, I'll be right back with some answers)

Ok I got a start for you. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/31824-civy-truck-mil-trailer-wiring-info.html

Found it searching "4flat" Thats been a general term used when these voltage conversion threads come up

I also have these two drawings saved in my picture files on my computer.

Bulbs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckered
bulbs would I use, to replace the 24 volt bulbs for use with/for a 12 volt bulbs/system? I want to keep using the military trailer lights, just because they are new and look neat,

Thanks!

1156 (turn, brake), 67 or 97(tail)

Attachments

Last edited:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
1156 and 97 for the bulbs.

The wire numbers on all military stuff is standard.

Common crimp on "bullet" connectors will fit in the military douglas(wire) connectors. I would just unplug the front harness connections and insert the new flat 4 wire there.

I was just shutting off my computer and going to bed, when i posted the fresh fish post. I was just goofing around. I knew by the time I woke up(now) someone would help him.

There are a bunch of threads on this, searching a few key words in the trailer forum(advanced search) should not be too hard to find this info.

Last edited:

12vman

Aw come on DH do you really think we need to go thru this again?

(searching, I'll be right back with some answers)

Ok I got a start for you. http://www.steelsoldiers.com/trailers/31824-civy-truck-mil-trailer-wiring-info.html

Found it searching "4flat" Thats been a general term used when these voltage conversion threads come up

I also have these two drawings saved in my picture files on my computer.

Bulbs:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckered
bulbs would I use, to replace the 24 volt bulbs for use with/for a 12 volt bulbs/system? I want to keep using the military trailer lights, just because they are new and look neat,

Thanks!

1156 (turn, brake), 67 or 97(tail)

thank you.......exactly what I needed

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks