• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

On way to buy 1st MV - M1009

grayw0lf

Wish me luck! :jumpin:

I'm about to leave work early to go & hopefully buy a M1009. Hopefully it will make it home w/o any major troubles. I'm bringing the kitchen sink just in case.

I just wish my other truck wasn't in pieces in case of major problems...?

John O.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Don't do it! Don't drink the Kool Aide. By the time you get it home, you will be on the lookout for an M1008 or a deuce! LOL Good luck!

91W350

Your life will never be the same, soon your closet will start filling up with strange colored clothing, your boots will turn tan or black with mesh sides, your friends will tell you your hats look goofy, your lawn will have a different green from the grass.... I think you are already lost, you joined this site full of addicts....

67_C-30

Wish me luck! :jumpin:

I'm about to leave work early to go & hopefully buy a M1009. Hopefully it will make it home w/o any major troubles. I'm bringing the kitchen sink just in case.

I just wish my other truck wasn't in pieces in case of major problems...?

John O.
I am about to be in your shoes... well, just as soon my EUC is approved sometime this winter!aua;-) You post on the truck also don't you?

grayw0lf

Well, we made it home! I got a steal of a deal too, despite some electrical problems.

It even drives nice & smooth @ 70mph. I'm really liking it. I'll take pics this weekend & get some posted.

Its a nice truck, no rust through , engine sounds great, tranny shifts firm, beige paint, & only cost me $2k after a little bargaining.

I can see how the 24v system can make things confusing, so I think I'm gonna go ahead & go 12v.

67_C-10, you are correct sir. I thought about making room in the driveway, but just couldn't let go of the Old '70.

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

I can see how the 24v system can make things confusing, so I think I'm gonna go ahead & go 12v.
Glad you made it home with your new truck. Looking forward to the pictures.

Too each his own but I don't find the 24v system all that confusing. A little studying and understanding it is really a simple system. Ever try to figure out a new car?

To me what gets confussing is trying to figure out how someone(me) has changed the wiring and hasn't documented it. Nothing like having a wiring diagram to trace out a problem. I can't remember what I did 2 minutes ago let alone how I rewired something months/years ago. :D:D:D

When ever I get a new truck, I always remove the "new" wiring and try to figure out how it came from the factory. Much easier. YMMV

grayw0lf

Glad you made it home with your new truck. Looking forward to the pictures.

Too each his own but I don't find the 24v system all that confusing. A little studying and understanding it is really a simple system. Ever try to figure out a new car?

To me what gets confussing is trying to figure out how someone(me) has changed the wiring and hasn't documented it. Nothing like having a wiring diagram to trace out a problem. I can't remember what I did 2 minutes ago let alone how I rewired something months/years ago. :D:D:D

When ever I get a new truck, I always remove the "new" wiring and try to figure out how it came from the factory. Much easier. YMMV

You definately have a point there...

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks