• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ONAN DN2-M LPW2 Flywheel

rbogdan

I need a new flywheel for my Onan. I don't have one that can be refurbished. Has anyone matched anything from a tractor or other application that would work with this setup? It seems like OEM ONAN DN2-M LPW2 flywheels are very hard to find or if you do they cost $500 + . I've tried to find specs on flywheels for various engines and tractors but specs are all but nonexistent.

Any help or recommendations are welcome.

dependable

Is this an MEP-802a, or some other Onan application? I have wondered if the was a civilian equivalent to the 802.

The 802s have a LPW2 motor. A lot have been surplussed lately, someone must be parting one out. According to the Parts TM (available on this site) the part number for the 802 flywheel 104-1754 (probably the same as a 803 with the LPW4).

rbogdan

Yes this is a MEP-802a. I will look into the part number you provided (thank you) and the 803. I agree that it seems there are a lot of these showing up recently and I also read that the flywheels typically stay with the generator and not the motor - a little confusing to me since it is specific to the motor.

Thanks for your help.