• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Onan Generator

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
It looks like the civilian model of the MEP-002a. That is obviously not what Onan called this generator, but the engine and tins around it resemble the 002a quite a bit.

Onan made several generators using the civilian equivalents of the military engines, but don't ask me what the models were. If Isaac-1 reads this thread he may be able to shed more light on what it is. He seems to have a pretty good handle on the civilian models they made.

I can tell you this though, that it sure looks to be missing some parts. It appears that the exhaust is gone (manifold appears to be there, but plugged off with a pipe plug) and possibly some other things as well.

Last edited:

Isaac-1

I am fairly sure it is an Onan J series generator, I am guessing a DJB hard to say with those photos though, try posting over on the SmokStak Onan generator section.

Ike

p.s. the more I look at it, the more I think it may be a DJE

Last edited:

Isaac-1

A few more thoughts on your generator, while browsing GL, I found the closed listing for the generator you won, along with its twin that was sitting next to it. Based partly on photos of the twin, it appears your DJB/DJE is a later model with the YD series generator end, not the older magniciter series. This implies it was built in the 1970's or 80's, it also appears to have the simplified "contractor" controller. For more information you may want to google the YD sereis service manual, it is available online as a PDF. Google "Onan YD mixed" and it should be the first hit or so.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks