• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Onan Lister LPW DNxM engine crackcase vacuum question

Digger556

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've looked through the TMs for the genset and the engines, but cant find an answer for this one.

How does the engine generate vacuum in the crankcase? Every diesel I've worked on has a very obvious crankcase vent line that terminates between the cylinder intakes (or turbo inlet) and the air filter, using the restriction of the filter to generate vacuum. However I dont see the path on the LPW engines. Is it cast into the cylinder head?

Ray70

If you pull off one of the valve covers you'll find a small tube near the corner ( where the small 1/2 round dimple sticks out of the valve cover's edge. ) this tube runs directly into the intake port creating a vacuum path to the crankcase.
It almost looks like an alignment dowel pin in the corner of the valve cover, but it's actually a vacuum tube.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks