• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Onan Mdl 3413 2 cyl. engine for MEP-002A

hedgehog69

I managed to buy a couple of the engines for the MEP-002A gensets. They are either new or rebuilt...says Dyno-tested.
Sure hoping they are 'fresh'!! Anyone else ever get these?

Last edited:

jas67

I managed to buy a couple of the engines for the MEP-002A gensets. They are either new or rebuilt...says Dyno-tested.
Sure hoping they are 'fresh'!! Anyone else ever get these?

I didn't win any, but put low-ball bids in on all of them. They went a good bit higher than I thought. Granted; they are rebuilt, but you can buy a whole MEP-002a for that price.

Are you keeping them or selling them (a spare 0-hour engine would be a nice thing to have for an 002).

hedgehog69

I also thought they were a bit pricey. My gensets that I bought were closer to $700. I'll probably keep at least one and sell the rest...hope to make a few $$$ ......I had to buy enough of them to make it worth my trip. I am hoping the euc for some stuff at Columbus that I bought a week ago comes thru at the same time as the PA euc does. It is a drive for me.

KsM715

Next time save the pic to your computer then attach it here. That link will go dead after awhile.Later when someone referencesback to this thread it will be useless.

Per the forum rules:
Auction Postings: Please abide by the following rules concerning the posting of auction information in the forums:
• Do NOT post about future or current GL/GSA auctions. You may post about any auction after the auction is closed.
• Do not post links to auction photos. GL/GSA links quit working after a short period of time so save the image to your PC and then attach it to your post.
• Do NOT post links to current eBay auctions or Craig's List ads that are not your own. You may post a link to your own auction/ad only if it is in an information/discussion thread about you vehicle/item. Do not start a post in the Conversations forum or your vehicle specific forum just to announce your auction/ad.

Attachments

Last edited:

rickf

I also thought they were a bit pricey. My gensets that I bought were closer to $700. I'll probably keep at least one and sell the rest...hope to make a few $$$ ......I had to buy enough of them to make it worth my trip. I am hoping the euc for some stuff at Columbus that I bought a week ago comes thru at the same time as the PA euc does. It is a drive for me.
Let me know what you might be asking for them as I might be interested in one.

Rick

jas67

How many did you get? I have an EUC in for a genset at Mechanicsburg from last week. If it isn't too many, and I have enough room, I might be able to pick them up for you, then you have a little more flexibility with your trip to come get them. I try not to bid on anything further than 1 1/2-2 hours away myself.

J.

hedgehog69

How many did you get? I have an EUC in for a genset at Mechanicsburg from last week. If it isn't too many, and I have enough room, I might be able to pick them up for you, then you have a little more flexibility with your trip to come get them. I try not to bid on anything further than 1 1/2-2 hours away myself.

J.
I got 8 of them....I had to make the road trip worthwhile. I have a little mad money left and may try to bid on a couple of the the 4 cyl. engines . Then..I have the hope that EUC's would come trhu at the same time. A couple of months ago, I bought some stuff at Columbus, OH. About a month or so later, I bought some stuff at Ft. Polk. EUC's both got released from Battle Creek the same day....and wasn't so bad of a wait...3-4 weeks or so....after I submitted the last one. Needless to say, I put a lot of miles on in a 5 day period.