• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

one good load of wood

bobski

Just be for the snow started to fly we went up to the hills to get some wood. One load in the pickup and trailer dos not last long. Thanks to a friend of mine (wydeuce) we took the deuce also. We could put so much wood in it, I dont think that I will ever take the pickup and trailer again!

The other two pics were just fun.

Attachments

bkfran69

so did u make it out of the mud hole yourself or did you have to me pulled out? by the way nice load of wood. thats why I want a deuce.

Josh

Gotta love getting firewood with the deuce. We have gone up almost every weekend and brought back 2-3 coords in the deuce every time. Fortunatly we take a hydraulic wood spliter with us.

Attachments

WyoDeuce

What's up bobski. I think we put about 3 cords in on that trip. It has started snowing here so hopefully we cut enough.
Taking a log splitter along is a good idea. We cut all the wood to length but need to split it now. Time to drink beer and chop wood.

Josh

What's up bobski. I think we put about 3 cords in on that trip. It has started snowing here so hopefully we cut enough.
Taking a log splitter along is a good idea. We cut all the wood to length but need to split it now. Time to drink beer and chop wood.

When we go its always a marathon cutting. Dont come back till we have at least my truck full, 2 1ton trucks with trailers. We normally pull down 8 cords a trip. Having the log spliter on hand really means you can pack more wood into each trip.

Cant wait until I get a 105 so I can start hauling 4-5 cords a trip myself.

jh1990

so kinda a dumb question, but how much exactly is 1 cord of wood? im just wondering because me and a couple buddies packed the bed of my short bed 4X4 3/4 ton duramax full up to cab height and where wondering how heavy it was, because the truck was sitting level
thanks for the info

wikallen

A cord if stacked square is 4ft wide, 4ft tall, and 8 ft long

Pine is full of creosote which will coat a chimney.

bobski

pine is the best we got out here. And yes, clean chimney once a year is a must, but never that bad. never had a chimney fire.

stumps

Wood comes from trees? Imagine that!

I was just curious. I keep hearing tales, on the board, of going out into the woods and coming back with truck loads of firewood, but I never hear whose woods, or why that's ok.. My G'paw lost about $80,000 (in todays dollars) of hardwood over one winter when his family was wintering in Florida, and busy little two legged beavers logged about 10 acres of his farm.

-Chuck

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks