• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One Man's Scrap Metal is My Treasure! New CUCV M1009

CompoundCuckVee

I haven't posted any pic's of my truck yet, but I've been reading these forums for months now. I just got it back to a good mechanical condition so I figured I'd post some picture I took when I got it in May. I'm not photographer, and didn't have the time to learn how to resize the pictures, so I'll just link to the Flickr Photoset

It's obviously in need of some R&R, But I think I'm up for it. Since the pictures I've installed a new billet grille that runs over the lights, reworked the floorpan, replaced the weatherstripping, and all the fluid/filter combo's you can think of. I went all out with the fluids, and it's running B&M Trick Shift, Lucas Gear Oil, Royal Purple Oil, and a host of other good stuff. I flushed the radiator, rep0laced the windshield, removed the ugly orange beacon and patched that hole, refurbished the seats (sans the back seat; that went out with last weeks trash), and have a ton of plans for it in the future, next up will be the 24 to 12 starter conversion. I'm going for a high torque replacement from Jegs, and two Optima Batteries.

I think that is all so far, let me know what you think!

CCATLETT1984

CompoundCuckVee said:
I haven't posted any pic's of my truck yet, but I've been reading these forums for months now. I just got it back to a good mechanical condition so I figured I'd post some picture I took when I got it in May. I'm not photographer, and didn't have the time to learn how to resize the pictures, so I'll just link to the Flickr Photoset

...installed a new billet grille that runs over the lights...replaced the windshield...next up will be the 24 to 12 starter conversion. I'm going for a high torque replacement from Jegs, and two Optima Batteries.

I think that is all so far, let me know what you think!
Ewe, shiny ;)

You should have put the windshield with the built-in antenna on the truck, got rid of that ugly thing secured to the interior roof.

I would go ahead and purchase the 12v starter if you are dead set on conversion. But, I wouldnt bother converting it until your current system has issues.

OLDCHEV4X4

In that last picture it looks like the rear spring shacke hanger is rusted out. And the shackle is no longer attached.
Its not green, But its someplace to start. I'd take it. (cause i don't have any green yet).

CompoundCuckVee

yeah that junk on the headliner is the wire for the strobe, thats all gone now. And I did grab a windshield with a built in antenna $40 from the junkyard! I think I'm going to go for some Flat Black though, keeping the interior OD.

OldChev4X4 - I didn't even notice the shackle, good spot. I'm gunna check on that tomorrow.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks