• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One month to the 25 annual Weare rally!!

Vintage iron

I have my Camping spot and Vender spot already! I have a bunch of new Titan T hawks 1100-20 and ton of new NATO tread 1400-20 tires to bring. Packing the truck M813 and M103 with all kinds of goodies too!

RangerBob

As I mentioned in another thread, I'll be there with my M35, M43, and 601. The 601 is still stuck on the side of a mountain way the heck up north, but I'll do my best to drag her down kicking and screaming. Sent in a check a couple of weeks ago for a camp spot, but haven't been able to check email for about a week (server troubles) to see if I got a primo spot.

Both the M35 and M43 are currently prestaged about 30mins from Weare. I hope to get the 601 there this coming week. M43 is getting a little R&R on the front end and a bit of corrosion control. She may not be pretty for the party, but she'll be safe.

m38inmaine

I'll be there, have the vending spot reserved, not sure what to bring, probably the M882 with commo shelter full of radio's. I want to see that 601 as well.

BillF

Just two weeks away. Campsites are filling fast and I just got word that we may have some bigger Armor coming as well. I know for sure that we have a Stuart tank coming, a half track, and a quad fifty mount all from the write museum in wolfeboro NH (Wright Museum). We will also have some apc's one with a tow missile launcher (seen in the Military Vehicle Magazine). I am waiting to confirm what else is coming as far as large Armor. With luck we will also have a Thiokol 601 snowcat at the Rally. It is going to be a great rally!!

RangerBob

The 601 will be there. Whether she gets off the trailer is another matter! If the engine is running well enough by show time, she will putter around a bit. There may still be a steering problem, but not severe enough to not run, just a little more arm muscle will be needed to turn right.

Update: Camping spot B11.

Last edited:

BillF

It looks like we are going to have a sherman and a chaffee tank at Weare this year. Sounds like lots of tracked rigs are coming in.