• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One more detail and shes DONE!!

Nick

Well I picked up my M101 from thee paint shop the other day. I like the color, Im glad I got to see it on something before I get my 48 Power Wagon painted the same color. I like it.

One detail left to do. I asked the paint shop to recreate the tailgate stencil. I guess I wasnt clear enough that I wanted it just like it was. Notice his "attempt". So a little acetone, removed it, painted a black box on it, and I'll get stencils to do it RIGHT.

I'll put the cover on it soon and take some more pics.

Attachments

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Great looking trailer. What was he thinking on the numbers? Not even close...LOL

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That is the stupidest looking attempt at stencil copying I have ever seen. You need the right stencil, look up Rick Larsen, he'll take good care of you, his stencils are PERFECT.

Nice trailer !

Last edited:

Nick

What did you do to prep her? Blast it to bare metal?
The entire trailer was blasted to bare metal at different stages, frame primed and painted with POR15, then the bed painted with....actually i dont know what paint he used. But he used the color chip I had for the original submarine green from the 48 Dodge Power Wagon

Nick

That is the stupidest looking attempt at stencil copying I have ever seen. You need the right stencil, look up Rick Larsen, he'll take good care of you, his stencils are PERFECT.

Nice trailer !
Thanks Mike. Is he on here? I was wondering what I was gonna use. I was just gonna get the standard stencils from an arts and crafts store.

So how do i get ahold of him?

Thanks
Nick

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Looks sharp. I know you were having trouble dumping it with the spare tire on. Has that been fixed or are you just not planning on using the feature?

Nick

It still wont do it with the tire on, so, if I'm gonna use the dump, I'll take the tire off to do it. No big deal. I dont know how much I'll use the dump feature anyway. And it wont take much to take the tire off if I do.

I think one of the main issues are the brakes. I cant seem to get the brakes to hold. Dunno if thats cuz the shoes aren't arched to the drums or what. But Ive adjusted them tons of times, and they just wont hold. So like I say, I dont plan on usin it much, but its nice to be able to if I need to, so I'll just take the tire off if i do.

Thanks
Nick

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
Just wondering as I plan to add a spare and wanted to know what issues I'd be looking at. I don't know how much I'll use the dump feature either, but now I know whats ahead of me. Thanks.

Nick

I really like the look of it like that, so it out weights if I wanna use the dump and hafta take the tire off.

Worth it to me. Hope my trials have helped. Lemme know if theres anything else to help ya.

Nick

CMXterra

Where did you get the wood replacment? Just go to Home Depot/Lowes?

What size planks did you use? I am waiting for my EUC to clear and am trying to get my ducks in a row so when it gets here I can start getting it spiffed up.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks