• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One more for Dixie!

grizzlec

Hello from Millbrook (right outside of Montgomery, AL)! I've been talking with a guy for a few days about trading my Harley to him for a 73 Deuce. I think I just decided....

Anything in particular I should look for before agreeing to the deal?

I'll get back to lurking for information now... Thanks, I already love the site!

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What kind of harley? I would think most Harleys are worth more than deuces? I have a flawless dropside W/W pm me first.:beer:

grizzlec

PM sent, sir!

I'm still not well educated on deuces yet... Dropside is the bed with the short sides that fold down right?

The one I was looking at had a multifuel engine and a bed like that. I believe he said it was an AM General Multifuel five speed.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
Welcome to the Green Iron Addiction Support Group.....we won't help you kick affliction but we will enable your habit.:cookoo:

The market is flooded with deuces right now so prices are fairly low (but starting to inch up).

Unless your Hog is a ratbike I would do some research before commiting to that trade.

A dropside w/winch would be a premium truck...especially if it has a hardtop and heater.

grizzlec

Well, I was ordered by the General (wife) today that there is no way in h$%% that I'm getting a "huge, old, busted army truck" untill I try to get cash for the bike. I sorta see the logic, because that's going to pay for the 16' x 24' utility building (wood shop, parts storage for my toys, etc.) that I put on lay-a-way till I get the back of lot cleared for it. I think that I would love one of the bobbed deuces, but I realize that I'm not far from Redstone and one other GL location I think. I guess in the course of things, this will give me time to learn more about the deuce and exactly what I'm looking for in one. At least that's what I'm telling myself to feel better .

For a little history on myself: My grandfather who has passed a long time ago had an old army jeep. I absoloutly loved it! He would take me riding all the trails and it was always a blast. After he passed, it was handed to a family member and has been sitting under a shed rotting and rusting with trash piled all over it ever since. Hence, I love the look, sound, and even the smell of these MV's!

Looking forward to when I finally own one!

L999here

...forget it...!!!

Forget about the duce....get that jeep before it is totally destroyed. Jeeps are worth much more than the duce's at this point. Keep the Harley...you just may need two-wheels if fuel gets stupid expensive. Duce's can go from a couple hiundred to over a grand at these auctions. Shop around...but get that jeep....!!!

grizzlec

And that is where the problem is. Uncle won't give it up and won't do anything with it either. Maybe when I have a garage to store it in I'll talk to him about it more. The subject usually causes a bit of a ruckus, lol

ARDUECE

i probably so that guy the duece that you are looking at or either traded him. i sell alot of mine to guys around that area. when you get ready for a duece come see me im in new site about 1 hr 15 mins from you.

wreckerman893

Possum Connoisseur
What ever you do (or have done) load up the General and make tracks to the GA Rally in Oct. We are hoping to break vehicle and personnel records this year.

Seeing Papa Bear do his "Forest Dance" in the red tutu is worth the price of admission (which is zero).