• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One more off the bucket list. I got an M170

m37brat

I found a nice restorable M170. :roll: I lucked out and it came with the litter racks, the complete passenger seat and the front bow. I picked up a bow I think I can make it work as rear bow but I need the measurement of the distance from the top of the center of the bow to the bottom of the crossmember bar.

I would also like to find the door frames. I know these are rare. I would also be willing to try to modify a set from an M38A1.

Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Jim:naner:

Mike O

I got my passenger door frame from Brian Asbury several years ago. He told me he had a whole mess of them at the time. Might be worth it to give him a call.

m37brat

I got my passenger door frame from Brian Asbury several years ago. He told me he had a whole mess of them at the time. Might be worth it to give him a call.
I searched the site and I think I found contact info on Brian Asbury. Thanks for the lead.

I'm still looking for the dimensions of the rear bow.

Jim

Last edited:

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Contact WeeBee Webbing's David P. He is an expert on everything having to do with the M170 enclosure.

BillF

Sounds like you are getting all the parts together. Take photos of you progress as I would like to watch the jeep come together, I helped ed get it running and track down all the parts that came with it.

m37brat

Sounds like you are getting all the parts together. Take photos of you progress as I would like to watch the jeep come together, I helped ed get it running and track down all the parts that came with it.
when you got it started, did you take the gas tank off and open the clutch? Also, did you and Ed put on the new carb and fuel pump?

Here is the start....

Attachments

Last edited:

BillF

Yes Ed and I put on the new carb and fuel pump, the fuel pump that was on it was also a civvy unit just like the one we put on it. We never tried to free up the clutch.