• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One of my dream trucks!

dmetalmiki

What the heck do the people on that Island have jobs doing??
Are there schools..(You say no services!?)..What are the homes constructed out of?
Roads?
Leci?........(Electric?),
Sounds like you have a really basic? lifestyle style...?
Fascinating...
Us iz full of intreeeeg!..

My friend just said, "well if they have fire trucks and things, they MUST be..'Part'..Civilized.".!.

Oh, welcome to the site and the hobby...(And)..here's one for your shopping list..

Attachments

Spoonerist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
What the heck do the people on that Island have jobs doing??
Are there schools..(You say no services!?)..What are the homes constructed out of?
Roads?
Leci?........(Electric?),
Sounds like you have a really basic? lifestyle style...?
Fascinating...
Us iz full of intreeeeg!..

My friend just said, "well if they have fire trucks and things, they MUST be..'Part'..Civilized.".!.

Oh, welcome to the site and the hobby...(And)..here's one for your shopping list..
That’s the age old question: what do you all do out there?

We have a saying: every job has 6 steps to zero. Find the tool, fix the tool, find the thing to fix the tool, fix that… etc.

Most houses are wood. Local milled lumber. Wood heat.

There’s a k-8 school with about 8 students.

Doing mechanics and having a way to process WMO is very appealing.

I’m visiting a neighboring island today. Paved roads, stores, and a shower! Lmao. Until you live without hot running water you have no idea how great it is.

I use 3-4 chords wood a winter. I do the whole process. Felling, bucking, hauling, splitting, and stacking.

I teach chainsawing. Been using saws since I was 10.

We have a decent solar system, so some computer use. Unfortunately no internet at home. I did sign up for Elon’s starband beta, but it’s $$$ and if I did that I’d have less time for other stuff. In a previous life I was pretty deeply into software (games) testing.

I read a lot! 2-5 books a week. Anyhow… wrenching, welding, chainsawing nerd.

Last edited:

Spoonerist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey all,

A quick check in. I received word that the DNR will be on island in June for the paperwork. Slow process, but still moving.

I pitched an idea of building a central shop on the island. It is gaining traction.

My current plan for the deuce will be a boom truck/wrecker. My pipe dream is a knuckle book with a dump bed, but that is big money.

Cheers,

Spoon

rustystud

Hey "Spoonerist" , which island are you on ?
The wife and I almost bought a place on "Orcas" a few years ago. Wish we had. Now with the price of land going sky high and our stock portfolio going to the depths we cannot afford to.
You should talk to my buddy about your Desoto. He has collected them for years now. Has parts up the wazoo !

Spoonerist

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey "Spoonerist" , which island are you on ?
The wife and I almost bought a place on "Orcas" a few years ago. Wish we had.
Greetings,

I’m on Waldron Island, northwest of Orcas. Land has been in my family for about 100 years. My family was one of the homesteader on a different island. There’s a book about them.

Build thread here I come!

Spoon

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks