• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One piece cargo cover install

Martin T.

I bought a one piece cargo cover for my M35a2 and need some help with installation. If anyone has pics of how they are installed correctly or instructions that would be great. I am not sure I have mine installed correctly or if it is missing parts. Thanks.

Digger09

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure if its vinyl but my vinyl one has 2 straps on the front behind the cab. There are 2 flaps that down a little where the straps are located.

Valence

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Now that you have front vs rear figured out (the end curtain with the triangle shaped tabs on the end = front). Make sure you layer the flaps correctly. Think about the wind flowing down the truck while it travels down the road. If done improperly, the air will catch the cargo cover and rip it apart.

1. You'll first want to attach the triangle pieces w/ nylon straps on the front end curtain
  2. The front edge of the side curtain wraps around the bed slightly and attaches to the same point as the triangle tabs.
  3. The front curtain is the outermost flap (on top of the side curtains) and wraps around the front end of the bed/troop seats and anchors to the second from the front strap point.
I don't have specific pictures about this but here's a few unrelated pics of my truck that shows the cargo cover:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1401804601.741630.jpg 2015-08-08 09.35.20 HDR.jpg IMG_9280.jpg 2015-08-09 12.04.32.jpg

1. You'll need to lash down the rear curtain first, who's ends wraps outwards around the end of the bed and lash down to the last tie down point on the bed. (I will note here that the rear-end curtain also has 2 center tabs to lashes down to the tailgate. On the style of 1-piece vinyl cover that I have, I don't like the angle that the cord pulls on the end flap 2 center tabs. It seems like it puts a lot of strain on a point of the cover and could easily cause damage. I lash them down, but they're fairly lose on the tie down point. This is why I put the rear flap on first and then the side curtains -that ties down to the same point- keeps those from falling off.)
  2. Then the side curtains overtop of the rear curtain and around to the tailgate.

2015-08-07 15.45.55 HDR.jpg 2016-10-21 16.52.28 HDR.jpg 2016-10-22 11.19.24.jpg

Do not forget:
Inside the bed, at the rear-most bow, there should be 3 nylon straps with double loop buckles. You should affix those straps to the rear-most bow. This also keeps the cargo cover on if you roll up the side and rear-end curtains. Personally, I won't travel at highway speed with my sides rolled up.

Rolling up the sides:
If you want to roll up the side and rear-end curtain (the front end curtain wasn't designed to roll up), the correct way to roll them is such that the rolled material faces INWARD, this way, water running off the top of the cargo cover doesn't get trapped inside the roll, add excess weight, possibility of molding (if you forget about it), and won't drench someone in water when you unroll it. The plastic loops that you clip to on the exterior upper edge of the cargo cover are fairly fragile (more so as they sit out in the sun) and are very hard to find replacements. Be gentile with them. I suggest adjusting the length of the straps while not attached to those loops, meaning, don't just pull on them.

Here, I've raised my side bows for parades, so the front end curtain is attached differently (ignore that), but I wanted to show a picture of the rolled sides (albeit, not very good pictures of the rolled cargo cover).

2016-07-04 10.23.11.jpg image.jpg 2014-07-04 08.49.39.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks