• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One Piece Cast Aluminum Rims for Deuce

Fragnaboo

My dad and I just bought our first duece and we are going to bob it. My dad owns a manufacturer and we are thinking about casting some rims for our duece. Just looking to see if there is any interest. It is a waste of money to make molds for just one set. If there is any interest let us know. Any input is appreciated also.

Joe

stampy

Very cool! Now any idea how much? Because that drive how many are interested. I am interested but it has to be reasonable.

Stretch44875

Super Jr. Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Neat idea. Not for me, stock wheels on my junk. Sure some of the bobber guys would be interested.

whyme

the next question opens debates from the past:

how tall is the lip on those wheels? there has been much said about mounting military tires on civi wheels and the complications of doing such.

for me i would rather a two piece since i can save money on mounting but if they where cheap enough i might bite.

Fragnaboo

The price would be about 500 to 600 a piece and as far as mounting, we are the manufacturer so we could make them specifically for the military tires. A beadlock would make for easy mounting but unfortunately that would not be street legal. Does anyone have any ideas on width, I was thinking 12 inches wide.

whyme

Cool looking wheels, but I wouldn't expect to sell very many to military truck guys at that price. You would do better marketing them to the rock crawling community.
yeah my thoughts exactly, weight isnt a big concern to a truck already weighing 15k+ so unless you can get that price below 300 each i dont see many jumping on them giving the options that are already available to us. also consider that aluminum isnt really the look most of us want so we would have to also factor the cost of coating/painting them.

sorry im not more positive on the subject but i do appreciate people like yourself for taking initiative towards expanding options for us.

Elwenil

places like Stockton Wheel can widen wheels for you guys that "wish" your wheels were wider

Stockton Wheel no longer exists.

As for the rims, my thoughts mirror those of M1075 except for the rock crawling bit. There are already a lot of rims manufactured for rock crawling and you would be hard pressed to sell a normal aluminum rim without beadlocks to rock crawlers for $600 a piece. In that price range you can get Trail Ready beadlocks all polished and many of the rock crawlers are dumping the heavy brakes and hubs off the 2.5 ton Rockwells and running normal 8 lug hubs. It's a bit of a niche market and will be hard to sell someone $2,400 or $3,600 worth of rims for a truck they may not have that much in to begin with. Just my .02

466Navastar

I just went on the Stockton Wheel website - appears they are still in business.....where did you get the idea that they were gone?

Ill bet Alcoa forged wheels could be bought either as blank wheel pattern or custom pattern if more than one person was interested....forged wheels would be a lot better than cast.
I had cast wheels on a one ton 4x4 ....and they broke after some semi heavy use.

with Alcoa forged wheels - worst case standard semi pattern could be filled in with weld and re-drilled to duece pattern

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks