• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One piece rubber floor mat

bones1

Has anyone gotten a one piece rubber floor mat to fit in their Deuce?. If so, what kind of truck did you get it out of?. LMC truck has them for F350's for $130.00 but I was hoping someone have done this already before I order it.

abh3

Make a pattern with paper and then cut one out of a rubber bedliner or other sheet rubber type material?? I've seen rubber bedliners cheap as closeouts at auto-parts stores, everyone has gone to rhinoliner, etc. Getting it lay flat going over the trans cover will be the hard part, maybe it could be 'adjusted' with a heat gun...

The A3 mats are tough to get in and out for cleaning and the gaps invite water & dirt to collect, plus the only NOS sets I've seen were expensive. I wouldn't go in that direction...

glcaines

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The A3 mats are tough to get in and out for cleaning and the gaps invite water & dirt to collect, plus the only NOS sets I've seen were expensive. I wouldn't go in that direction...
Plus, the rubber mats in the A3 cause rust and corrosiion under the mat. There is no such thing as an M35 that doesn't leak water. Someone can always spray bedlner on the floor. I've considered doing that myself.

Tlauden

Just food for thought....

I put some cheap outdoor carpet on the passenger side of the deuce for when we went mudding so my girlfriend had a little more traction gettin in and out, when we got back it was late and I didn't clean the deuce up, a week later when I pulled the carpet out, it was still dripping wet, plus rust was already starting to show underneath. This is the exact reason I don't use bed liners on trucks without a tonue/cap.

If you really want to put some kind of flooring down, go to Walmart and get the roll on bedliner stuff, i believe its called herculiner?? I used that years ago in my Dakota and loved it. I put down twice the recommended amount though cause personally I thought it was too thin. I believe a gallon is around 40$ and it should have plenty to give you 4-5 decent coatings on the floor. That will eliminate any possibilities of rusting cause of water getting under a mat, it's alot cheaper than line-x/rhino. And probably cheaper than getting a rubber mat your gunna butcher up anyway

That's just my .02

sierra117

I took 1/2" commerical rubber floor mats with a dimond tread pattern for shop floors and took some measurements of each side cut it to fit and dropped them in. Granted it two pieces and does not go from side to side but it help insulate and provide traction for getting in and out and I think dampens the noise level also.

bigjoe

Tractor Supply sales rubber mats for the bottom of horse stalls. Depending on your local store you can find a 4 ft x 6 ft sheet of it for $40. Not sure on the thickness.

Here's a link:
Royal Mat Rubber Horse Stall Mat, 4 ft. x 6 ft. - 2219003 | Tractor Supply Company
I bought this mat from tractor supply, they sell it by the foot. I don't remember the exact price, but I think it was about 50 dollars for a 10' X4' piece. It is a quarter inch in thickness. I plan on using it for sound insulation in my old chevy pickup, but I don't think I'm going to use it on the floors, just around the firewall and the back of the cab. It feels like it is very durable.

abh3

Yup, one of the first things I did when I got the A3 home was take out the rubber mats to clean up the moisture/rust underneath them. That was more of a job than it should be so it lives in a barn now, rain isn't so much of a problem though mud and water tracked in is... When I take the mats out again I may just leave them out and use the herculiner, etc. stuff.

rolling18

Good ideas. These are the ones I found so far. I am looking mainly for sound deadening.
Rubber Floor Mats | 1957-72 F100 - F250 | LMC Truck
in addition to my muffler, I used half inch thick fiber pad from carpet padding , then a half inch rubber carpet pad , followed by dense foam cut to fit behind on the back wall in the triangle spaces and corners along with the convoluted foam headliner that I made and installed
almost forgot I also patched up all the holes and ports with tar backed gutter tape

the hardest part is coming to sit around all the paddles switches and accessing the floor panels, but very very well worth it!
best part cost is free !!

you could always submit your truck to "pimp my truck"!

Last edited:

3rdmdqm

I bought a rubber diamond pattern grill mat from Costco for $13. It was less than an 1/8th inch thick and could be shaped/cut with a razor knife. Cut in half, it fit perfectly on both sides. Have not had a water/moisture issue yet. Was cheap and easy.

AN/ARC186

I use the horse mats as well, the ones I buy have nubs on the back to allow for air to get under the mat and keep it dry, living here in the great Pacific Northwet I haven't had a moisture or rust issue under them yet.

CobraCDR

I'm looking into the spray in liner option for inside the bed of the deuce as well as the wheel well areas and the floor of the cab. It will seal out the water, is durable and cleans up easily. I know I will have water / moisture issues with snow around 6 months of the year.

I would (and am going to) use a bed liner material that adheres to the floor. There will be no chance of trapping moisture that way and it should lost a long while. Plus, if you leave a couple of the holes in the bottom of the cab open, you can wash the floor out with a hose.

If you want to put a mat down in the cab though, I would use a waffle style mat that allows air to get through and water/slush/mud to drop down to the floor.