• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One Speed Windshield Wiper

aboonski

My M1008A1 wipers only worked on one speed and I was about to change out the wiper motor with one that I had taken off of a K5 Blazer recently. I was looking at the triple condenser setup that goes in series with the wires feeding the wiper motor and discovered that the center wire had a broken solder joint. Very easy fix here and now I am back to having two speeds with my windshield wipers again. One way to test your wipers is to disconnect the capacitor link from the wiper motor - the male plug coming out of the wiring harness plugs right into the wiper motor. If both speeds work, the problem is in the capacitor link. I believe the purpose for this added accessory was to eliminate the noise you would hear in the military radio systems but I am not sure. I hooked mine back up after soldering the loose connection and everything worked like it should.

Attachments