• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One thing leads to another...

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
With the injection pump problem last week, I found it necessary to remove the radiator for access to the crankshaft (for manual turning). So, with the radiator removed the front of the engine was cleaned up and the coolant hoses and drive belts ready for replacement. There are also coolant hoses at the intake manifold, so next I start to clean up the right side of the engine. More mud dauber condos and some iffy wiring around the generator. I'm now ready to remove the turbo, so that I can drill the exhaust manifold for pyro probes.....

Attachments

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
So what is the line that goes from next to the crank pulley, to down where the steering box would be on a deuce?

No.2Diesel

I know what you mean devilman. How can you not tear that thing apart? Its so tempting. I'd be in a padded room if I had to restore anything piece-meal. I start twitching when I read an article in any automotive magazine where they put a brand new suspension or a new engine in a crusty car or truck. :p

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
This thing has virtually no rust, just missing parts here and there and parts that need to be replaced. I'm really just cleaning it and fixing little things as I go along. I did consider taking the cab tub off and may still have to do that if the injection pump gives me trouble.
The turbo is off so that I can drill/tap ports for thermo couple sensors and of course since one thing leads to another, the oil pressure regulator can now esily be checked and the generator wiring and so on and so on.

No.2Diesel

Talkin bout generators....Maybe you can help with a problem I'm having...

My brother just purchased a rebuilt Alternator for his M819 from CME Armature. The rebuilt unit has the same NSN (2920-00-909-2483) and same Mil Spec No. (MIL-G-46795E(AT) but there's a problem. The rebuilt unit has a flat front on its case and the old one has kind of a stepped front and the aluminum fan that goes between the pulley and the case now touches the new case. Would you or anyone else in MV land have a fan and maybe even a pulley to match this type of generator/alternator case? Thank you in advance for the help.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything Chris, the intake manifold elbow has a port for the boost already. :)
I intend to keep it stock, though, as much as possible, so don't look for "turning up" of fuel etc on this one...and the FDC stays on line until a leak is detected.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
#2. some alts have a fan in the back too. We ran into a similar issue when replacing CGarbees alt at Aberdeen. Post up some pics so we can have a looksee. BTW, do it in a different thread/.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks