• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

One Year Later

Caveman-17

Well, just about a year after driving this 1988 M35A2 home to NW Arkansas from the St. Louis area, with no generator or heater, it is on the road again.
Paint stripped and repainted. Everything below the bed is done with roll-on or spray-on bedliner.
All fluids changed and bearings repacked.
Spin on kits (thanks to members on this site) installed.
11.00 x 20 Michelins thanks to Glen in Salina, KS.
Second springer seat installed in lieu of the bench seat, again thanks to Glen.
A floor jack and bottle jack deceased contributing to my constant need to buy bigger tools for this truck.

Next up:
Needs new cab seals.
Rebuild the troop seats with composite decking strips available from a local manufacturer.
Start on the M105 trailer that came with it.

Getting rid of the 9.00 X 20 tires on wheels if anyone is interested.

She goes by "Debbie."

Attachments

ARYankee

Looking sharp!! I did the digicam for my seats on my deuce as well. At some point I'll get around to using my leftover fabric to make
some shift boots. You'll have to come out to Petit Jean next Fall or the convoy this spring.

DieselBob

Nice work. I keep toying with the idea of the second springer seat. What is the item attached to the steering column in the third picture ?

Caveman-17

The box on the steering column is a boost gauge and pyro.
We did turn the fuel up just a bit, and due to advice here on SS, we wanted to be able to keep an eye on it.
Thx!