• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OOOOO, THAT..HURT!

dmetalmiki

So, Tinygpw and myself firstly rebuilt my 'sign-wave' generator in readiness for the approaching severe storm circa 5am tomorrow.
Then..'ooo let's change the fuel filters on the wrecker. (We've an hour to spare)...
Oh YEAH!?...Tiny 'atop the engine undoes the first filter bolt (Radiater side)..And I give it a crack from the side to knock it off).
That's it..The f thing won't come out!
Up down, twist fiddle, squidge, And an hour later it's wangled free.
Aching grazed hands wrists fingers.
Repeat the second filter ,(C'eptin' the b...O ring seal ring fell out!). I really cussed it! And you might not believe..But it didn't 'hop' right back in again!. And like the first one it **filled up my sleeve with muck n' fuel!. They WILL NOT come out under, they have to be ###### from the side **ON their sides.
We steamed cleaned both cans.
Putting the O ring back ..IMPOSSIBLE..well not really just took and hour! wi' LOTS of thick grease. And grazed finger tips. (again).
So, In the first one goes, On it's side bottom first, Then it's tilted up. (WHAAAT??!!), There's no room and you cant grip the can cos' the gap then angles the can and it won't engage with the bolt. (Also There is a rod bar preventing this at bottom. OK, Hand cramps and an hour later that one is in.
Then the second one, Towards the firewall side with an equal if not worse struggle is in. (And that was with tinygpw ,Nathen, AND myself struggling.
Total time over three and a half hours.
This whole scenario had me climbing, bending, kneeling, convoluting, compressing, and contorting to the max and at 'seemingly impossible angles'.... Tiny's comment.."Good job you did your exercises yesterday!!)
OH..And NO, ..the filter manifold does not come off (at all Reasonably!. ( If at all )), on the M62 wrecker.
And, or but..I am so pleased to have accomplished that task though. :jumpin:

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
So, Tinygpw and myself firstly rebuilt my 'sign-wave' generator in readiness for the approaching severe storm circa 5am tomorrow.
Then..'ooo let's change the fuel filters on the wrecker. (We've an hour to spare)...
Oh YEAH!?...Tiny 'atop undoes the first filter bolt (Radiater side)..And I give it a crack from the side to knock it off).
That's it..The f thing won't come out!
Up down twist fiddle squidge and an hour later it's wangled free.
Aching grazed hands wrists fingers.
Repeat the second filter (C'eptin' the b...o ringseal ring fell out!). And like the first one it **filled up my sleeve with muck n' fuel!. They WILL NOT come out under ,they have to be ###### from the side **ON their sides.
I really cussed it! And you might not believe..But it didn't 'hop' back in again!.
We steamed cleaned both cans.
Putting the O ring back ..IMPOSSIBLE..well not really just took and hour! wi' LOTS of thick grease. And grazed finger tips. (again).
So, In the first one goes, On it's side bottom first, the it's tilted up (WHAAAT!!) there's no room and you cant grip the can cos' the gap then angles the can and it won't engage with the bolt. (There is a rod preventing this at bottom. OK, Hand cramps and an hour later that one is in.
The second one firewall side with an equal if not worse struggle is in. (But hat was with tinygpw ,Nathen, AND myself struggling.
Total time over three and a half hours.
This whole scenario had me climbing, bending, kneeling, convoluting, compressing, and contorting to the max and at 'seemingly impossible angles' ...Tiny's comment.."Good job you did your exercises yesterday!!)
OH..And NO..the filter manifold does not come off (at all Reasonably!.( If at all )), on the M62 wrecker.
And, or but..I am so pleased to have accomplished that task though. :jumpin:
Sounds like NO FUN at all to me!
On the other hand, at least you had extra hands helping...
Sometimes ya just have to be stubborn. :)

tinygpw11

D.M. teaches me percy Verence (Murphies brother).( :unsure: ), with dogged determination,
Him climbing up and around his wrecker and positioning himself at his age..is Amazing!. almost impossible you would think.
Some of the stuff he teaches us how to do. Impossible?. You would think.

Robo McDuff

In memorial Ron - 73M819
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Respect.

The generator is a good idea with expected outages, but starting the truck maintenance with two major storms coming your way, in retrospect maybe not so. Been there, done that, things never work when in stress or under time pressure.

Would have been better to ride it out and then lazily replace the stuff in the sun with a chair, beer and a cigar at hand. :-D

We had a sweep of Dudley yesterday, including electro going out for over an hour here in our town (for this part of Europe, that is very rare). Now bracing for a stronger sweep from Eunice. Just read that Needles (south of UK) measured 195 mph winds. That is comparable to a category 5 Hurricane, but we are not allowed to call it hurricane because it did not start in the tropics and is not circling.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks