• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

OOPS!!!!!

roscoe

Wish i could laugh and say gee that never happened to me, But i have been alive to long and playing to long with these things, dont feel bad it happens and can happen to anybody :( 2 of my work trailers on one front corner each have a perfect bumper dent from a deuce that slowly rolled on what looks like flat ground 2 different times, as i watched it slowly roll towards it i felt , well i could run over there and get hurt trying to stop it or just take the pain watching, i watched, I have done the other already and have scars to prove it :) and a few other such stories in my life, I deal with trailers all my life, and well I say every time that will never happen again i will always chock tires :) aua
I'll confess. Many years ago, at a place not to far away, I had a similar mishap. I had a tandem trailer that I thought was safely on flat ground and I loaded up a small tractor that I had been using to load a small dump truck. Well I got the tractor loaded on the trailer and tied down just fine and was backing up the dump truck to hook up the trailer (I know this is stupid but I'm sure I had a good reason at the time). All was going great, truck lined up perfectly and lightly bumps the trailer hitch. I notice in my mirrors that the trailer is moving away from me. It takes me a couple of seconds to realize what was happening. In a panic I jump out of the truck and race toward the trailer, grabbing the trailer tongue and pulling with all my might (a business building was located a few hundred feet away and the trailer was moving slow but picking up speed). Somehow I got the trailer to stop and I quickly grabbed the nearest thing I could find and threw it behind a wheel. Just as I did this I looked up and saw the dump truck rolling back ever faster toward the business. In a panic, I ran, threw open the door, jumped in and hit the brakes as hard as I could. The old truck was loaded down, shut off and extremely hard stop but it did - just barley. I didn't hear any laughter, so I don't think anyone noticed what had to look pretty comical.:oops::shock::D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks