• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Open Cab WC spotted

Mthirtyseven

Spotted an open cab WC, probably a 41 model. Frame and body, missing bed/rear sheet metal. No floor to speak of, all running gear present. Guy said he wanted $2000. Located at Vicks Classic Auto Parts, Chesney, SC.

Mthirtyseven

Sorry, didn't take the camera and this is 50+ miles away from me. Did not open hood. Basically a rolling chassis and cab or partial cab, had the semi-circle cut-out for doors, no bed, major rust where floorboard should be. Hood, front fenders, dodge nameplate in decent shape. GUy said he would take $2000. Yard is right past state line.

I was more interested in another truck he had, 40-47 cab and fenders, but he wanted $800 for those. The yard has hundreds n hundreds of vehicles, not much old stuff.

L1A1

The door cut-outs looked like the wc-7 command car, but it was either another type of truck or was hacked up.
A lot of command cars met that fate. hacked into some sort of quasi pick-up truck. Did the hood have a pronounced slope to it? Was the windshield frame still intacted? I ask because one easy way to tell the open cab WCs apart (1/2 from 3/4 ton) is that the 1/2 tons had one peice windshield glass and the 3/4 tonners had the more traditional two peice (split) windshield similar to the later M37.
Matt

L1A1

Wonder if the frame had been lengthened by Bubba? Or it could have been a winch model. Another identifier I'd forgotten earlier was the radiator brush guard. On the 3/4 ton WCs, it's flat (like the M37) but on the 1/2 tons, it's rounded (curved). Can't remember right off hand but I also think that the radiator cap doesn't stick though the top of the grill like it does on the 3/4 tons...
Matt

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks