• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

combat32

There is a dumpster in a location I won't disclose publicly where the local National Guard throws things they no longer need or desire, I dive there frequently and find great things.

I call it magic, because some days you open it and it's empty and the next its full of treasue!

Another Ahab

There is a dumpster in a location I won't disclose publicly where the local National Guard throws things they no longer need or desire, I dive there frequently and find great things.

I call it magic, because some days you open it and it's empty and the next its full of treasue!
Sweet!

dumpster-dive.jpg

m38inmaine

While I remember I thought I would post a warning about over greasing an area on the goat. In the -10 they show a picture of a grease fitting called the spindle/service brake. Those of you that have worked on other 4x4 trucks probably would think(as I did)that this would apply grease to the axle stub entering the back of the hub. It however supplies grease to the wheel bearings, I found this out when I took apart a complete hub assembly using it for parts. By pumping grease in you will eventually breach the wheel bearing seal and end up spraying your shoes and drum with grease. The spindle actually uses a bushing made of plastic/fiber material not an actual bearing like other trucks.

Attachments

Another Ahab

By pumping grease in you will eventually breach the wheel bearing seal and end up spraying your shoes and drum with grease. The spindle actually uses a bushing made of plastic/fiber material not an actual bearing like other trucks.
Greasing the brakes isn't sounding like a real good plan. :shock::popcorn:

wsucougarx

Just found those shorter straps available on a popular auction site. They're in NOS condition. They're listed by part number.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you can't find them I can see if I have them on mine and take measurements so you can cut long straps down.

m38inmaine

Sanding and prepping parts for paint, goat is at the welders getting a few tractor body repairs. Also doing an inventory on radio parts for the carrier.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks