• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Operation "URGENT RESTORATION"

combat32

I have most of the truss kit I lucked into by accident, like every other goat part I have aquired it has been one piece at a time.

wsucougarx

Looks great! Bonus!! You got the correct sponson as well. I was going to take a break from the Goat. Now I see you're installing radios is getting me inspired to head back out the garage;-). I need to locate one more sponson and I'll be good to go.

Last edited:

m38inmaine

I was lucky that it was in the carrier when I got it. Did you look through all those carrier's you found stacked on your parts run to see if any had them mounted still? Also would be curious if any of those were ambulance carriers with the brackets still there.

m38inmaine

Engine wiring harness: There are two styles of engine wiring harnesses, P/N 11595246 is the original stock type that has the main ground and positive cables in the center of the engine harness connector. P/N 11686051 is a replacement engine wiring harness that deletes the positive/negative from the connector. Attached is a drawing W/instructions on installing the new harness. I'll post this picture in the MWO thread as well.

Attachments

Last edited:

m38inmaine

Got the speedy sleeves installed and the drive yokes back in. The transmission was a bear, the outer dust lip kept wanting to fold in, took a good hour messing with it to get it right, I only had the one seal so I had no room for error. The transfer went in with no problems except I may have seated the sleeve to far, this one is narrow and no room for error, unlike the transmission sleeve which covers the entire surface. The transmission yoke has a special washer that is shaped on the back side to prevent oil from leaking by, it had some sealant that looked like shellac, I used some rtv when I replaced it.

Attachments

m38inmaine

I have not test drove it yet. I decided to order another sleeve for the transfer yoke and do it over again, I have it on too far. Given the surface the old seals were riding on I'm sure the leaks will be gone.

m38inmaine

Thanks to Bill(and his wife)I received a copy of the installation instructions for the VRC-46 mounted curb side in the carrier. The base mount was already there and I could have guessed on the rest but this makes it correct and a clean install. I had some of the material on my commo shelf and had to order a couple of longer cables than I had. Still need to procure the corner antenna mount to finish.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks