• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

opinions about Deuce 6x6 with HEMTT wheels/395/85R20's

Mud Hugger

The bead locks is the big deal, so he can run lower air preasure to get a large foot print for floatation and such. If you drop tubed tires to low you could blow a bead and or wreck the tube. I do a lot of offroading also but not as extreme.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Exactly. I aired down this past Sunday and the rim spun inside the tire causing a flat. It only has to spin a half-inch or so to cause issues. I ruined one tire because I did not catch it early and the second will need a new tube. By the way, These trucks run great off-road with flat rear tires. I couldn't tell I had a flat, till I stopped for a refreshment.

LowTech

Steel Soldiers Supporter
We have Mod'd Hemitts w/ GY 395's, on the She Beast. I like the tires, but I think I would go the MRAP route if I did it again. You don't have to cut the rim to add the plate.

I like that thought ;)