• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions needed for engine temp issue or faulty gauge

DoctorCheney223

Hi Folks,

My M998 has been running perfectly for the last couple of weeks now. Today I started the vehicle up and drove it to the shop and during a run to pick up some lunch, I noticed the temp was pegged at 205 degrees. This truck runs at a consistent 180 degrees.

When I got home I popped open the hood, opened the resevoir and dropped a thermometer in. The water is flowing (t-stat not stuck) and the water didn't appear to boiling over. The highest reading I could get on the thermometer was 179.

Does this sound like a case of a faulty temp guage or is the water in the resevior not an accurate way to determine the true temp?

thanks,
Ron

Last edited:

DoctorCheney223

I think it may have been an issue with the electrical system. I started it up and drove the kids around yesterday and the vehicle remained at 178/180 degrees. I did the same thing with the thermostat in the resevoir and the truck running and still 178 degrees at idle.

I appreciate the help and input!!!

thanks,
Ron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks