• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions on Goodman Ball 2.4kw genny with Hatz Diesel Engine

stugpanzer

I have been admiring one and was wondering what peoples thoughts are on these little guys and does anyone here have one and can give their opinion of the unit?

Thanks!

Kenny0

Looks like their are 2 different models. One is AC/DC with a throttle cable and the other is AC only. Hatz diesels imo are great engines. Check out this post "https://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?98890-The-Magic-Smoke". Magnets came loose from rotor.

NEIOWA

I got 4x new in crate Harz Darley water pumps from USMC surplus for my FD last spring. One wouldn't start problem with injection system. The other three fired right up.

GREAT engine. Biggest + if you run fuel tank dry the Hatz is selfpriming. Beating the heck out of Yanmar in that area alone. And much quieter.

Have 2 Yanmers that were run dry and have not figured out the trick to reprime/get air out of system.