• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions on M1009 Tires

iacucv

I'll be the oddball. An old friend of mine got into the tire business, and set me up for a case of cold ones so he wasn't trying to sell me something for his sake. Told me about Falken Wildpeak A/T3W. Said his cousin got a set and they were great. I trusted him and got a set in 32/12.50/15 for my 1009. Absolutely love them! Drove them from NW Ia to ND and back, about 500mi each way. Not noisy, deeper tread than most, and have more siping for snow and ice travel than a lot of its competitors. Liked them so much I put them on my daily driver that used to wear BF AT K/Os. I think they get a bit better bite than the BFs in snow and ride a bit better. Bonus - more affordable as well. As far as wear, can't comment yet don't have enough miles on them. But the daily driver has only been put in 4x4 once this Iowa winter.

FrankenCub

I have Treadwright Claw tires on my M1008 and am very happy with them. They are 10 ply bead to bead remoulds but work really well and fair priced.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks