• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Opinions on this auction truck

billharrison

I'm interested in this truck and want anyone's opinion before I bid- I'm looking for a truck and this one is only about 2 hours away - the bad is they show a broken drive shaft - no biggie if it's a u joint but could this be a sign of a bad axle? Secondly the drivers step looks mangled and it says does not run - but only 500 hours 15k miles. Is this a "we put the key in and it didn't start" thing or do they try to start them. It's at 1200 now and best price I can find a running ready truck for is 3500 so if I can get it around 1500 I think it's worthwhile. I am a mechanic just no experience with these. I know you can't diagnose it through pictures but educated opinions are welcome! Ends tommorrow . Thanks
http://www.govliquidation.com/auction/view?id=5039655&convertTo=USD

That's the link.

Last edited by a moderator:

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
A quick review of the rules you recently agreed to(when you joined), will let you know it is against the rules to post about current or upcoming GL items(especially links).

Please take note and try this slightly differently.

You could share such info in Chat, with others, or in PMs. Just not in the open forums.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Read the rules. No posting of auctions or sales listings unless they are your own.

Beerslayer

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Generally speaking, if a truck has broken or bent drivelines and a mangled step, it has been moved by a careless forklift operator. This is very common.

All kinds of damage that is hidden is also quite likely.

If you haven't personally inspected it and verified otherwise, expect the worst.

86m1028

I bought one awhile back (no inspection).
It starts & runs great, but is missing parts ( all sorts of small parts ) has no brakes.
Like said earlier, expect the worst.

I did choose to have it hauled ( about 40 miles). Glad I did, it was well worth the price.