• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Ops-Core AMP headset downlead help

teletech

Gentex makes the AMP headset with detachable downlead "connectorized", so fine. They also offer up a couple different downleads: U174 in mono, U174 stereo, MPU5, or one in airframe ICS. The stereo U174 is said to allow different signals to each earcup, but I've no clue how they can do that.
I don't actually want any of those as I'll be using Motorola radios or British Clansman gear. I've tried to contact Gentex about the pinout at the headset and what connector they used, but get no response. I went with the AMP hedset over the more common comtac because of the nifty NFMI and really good 3-D sound imaging as aids to my compromised hearing, but integration is a mess.
So, what I'd ideally like is to know the connector and pinout of the headset so I can make the cables I need, but failing that, knowing which cable will get me stereo sound with one cable and an easy path to an adapter would be a big help.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks