• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Optima 6TL battery tray adapters

dwalton31

I'm posting up here as suggested by Recovry4x4. I located a source for the Optima 6TL battery tray adapters. These are the plastic trays that allow you to mount an Optima group 34 battery in place of the 6TL size batteries, so they won't slide around in your battery box. I know many people won't use Optimas for their own reasons, most of which I've seen are due to issues since the new company took over a few years ago. Personally, these 4 Optima red tops I have pratically fell in my lap, so instead of a couple hundred to run 2 new batteries, even more to go back to 4 batteries, especially 4 - 6TL size batteries, I didn't mind spending the $70ish to try. I'm not 100% sure on the hold downs, or if they're needed, etc, as I haven't received mine yet, nor do I know what this companies stock is of them. Anyway, they are $14ea, plus shipping and handling. My total for 4 was $71.40, so $15.40 for the ride from CO to far South East TX. I am not affiliated with this company, just sharing my research in my quest to find these trays.

They are original Optima trays, Optima part#2420046, NSN 6160-01-453-0858. I dealt with Susan McNeil directly, through email and one phone call, really nice lady. Hope this helps others out.

Susan McNeil
Military Battery Systems, Inc.
T 970 586 0660
F 970 586 0880
susan@milbatteries.com
www.milbatteries.com

Batteries, Battery Maintenance Equipment & Training, NATO Connectors &
Cables
(Factory Reps for Optima Batteries)

MILITARY BATTERY SYS INC
24741 WESTRIDGE RD
GOLDEN CO 80403

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That sounds like a really neat alternative, especially where the 6TL's are not availiable. Thanks for passing on the Tip.

BTW, Welcome to the site!

dwalton31

Thanks for the welcome, I've actually been registered for a little over a year, and lurking for much longer than that, I just rarely post. Mainly read and research.

On a side note, I forgot to mention these basse plates not only give the footprint of the 6TL size batteries, they also raise the Optimas to the height of the 6TLs, and looking at the Optimas I have next to the 6TLs, with the new adapter, the original hold downs in my M923 should work. Not 100% just yet, but it LOOKS like it should. Per the tracking information, they are supposed to arrive Monday, but I won't have a chance to get out to the 5 ton until Tuesday afternoon, possibly not even until Thursday.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I got 2 sets of 6tl adapters for the red tops in my M35 from Milbatteries last year. They work real well, battery locks in place and prevents any side shifts. Fabbed a single cross bar strap with center hold down clamp. You'll be pleased.
JC

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks