• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Optima battery holders

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Are the HMMWV adapters the same as the adapters that go in the 2.5/5 ton battery boxes?

I don't know much about HMMWVs but in the big truck battery boxes, the Optima adapters help take up the extra room left over by the much small Optima.

IMG_1152.JPGIMG_1153.JPG

Ridges on the bottom of the Optima slide into the adapter and act to not only hold the battery in place but to hold it down (in theory) since the stock hold-down brackets will no longer work.

Like I said, I don't know if that's how it works with a HMMWV but the only Optima adapter I've ever seen is what I posted above.

Attachments

GMVguy

No tie-downs? I was thinking of using the same batteries, but am hoping the original bracket would somehow work.

hummer4x4guy

I've loved my red tops. But I think some mods are needed to tie end down. But I've never had an issue with them just sitting there. The large copper wires keep em pretty tame

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... these attach to the battery pan floor, and then the Optimas slide in? So, you could bolt this to an existing battery tray and have a much more secure method for securing the Optima Battery, rather than just a hold/tie-down?

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So... these attach to the battery pan floor, and then the Optimas slide in? So, you could bolt this to an existing battery tray and have a much more secure method for securing the Optima Battery, rather than just a hold/tie-down?
I have a set for the "red tops" in my A3, the battery slides in and locks to the adapter , then the battery and adapter set in the battery box. Keep the Optima from sliding around . Then the center hold down rod holds secures a strap bracket across the tops of both batteries.

bikeman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a set for the "red tops" in my A3, the battery slides in and locks to the adapter , then the battery and adapter set in the battery box. Keep the Optima from sliding around . Then the center hold down rod holds secures a strap bracket across the tops of both batteries.
Nice... that sounds like something that would benefit me with my M880.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks