• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Optima battery install questions

Atchuuu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Guys,

pre researched prior to posting but still have questions. When installing the optima batteries they are shorter than the holes for the hold down bracket (J-rod holes) and if terminals are left to right, rather than front to back, the posts are really close to the aluminum bracket. I turned them as shown.

looking for opinions on this type of install and suggestions for raising batteries.

wish I had purchased the polymer hold down instead of the aluminum.
Thanks

Attachments

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Guys,

pre researched prior to posting but still have questions. When installing the optima batteries they are shorter than the holes for the hold down bracket (J-rod holes) and if terminals are left to right, rather than front to back, the posts are really close to the aluminum bracket. I turned them as shown.

looking for opinions on this type of install and suggestions for raising batteries.

wish I had purchased the polymer hold down instead of the aluminum.
Thanks
Poor mans fix is a block of wood for the batteries to sit on.
I have seen a lot of wood in the bottom of battery boxes...

You might want to put a block of wood between the batteries too.
That will help keep them from moving left/right or front/back.

AND if you paint it green - it looks like it belongs there.

juanprado

Steel Soldiers Supporter
There is a specific optima battery spacer plate to fit the military 6tl battery footprint. On epay and some suppliers for stupid money for a chunk of plastic.

Maxjeep1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Action found some that were cheap. I know that he posted them on 2 different threads awhile back. I found the picture of them but I don’t remember what site had them.FFB01548-9369-4A14-A9BB-7A117897CD68.png

Last edited:

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
Just a thought that may or may not be helpful. Available in any color.
Well, if you ordered a gallon at $89.99 - that doesn't qualify for the $99 mimimum for free shipping. Don't think a gallon would cover the battery hold-down in an old paint roller tray...

If you got a 5 gallon bucket for $379 with free Shipping - maybe you could dip several hold downs and a drawer of tools too. :cool: Who knows, maybe you could start your own rubber dipping business...

Atchuuu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I ended up using the rubber hold down from the kit shown below and made J bolds for passenger side hold down. Didn’t have to use the adapter or wood. Used rubber spacer instead. Thanks for all the responses.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks