• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Optimizer 6500 or P400 6.5L eng

southdave

At those prices you are buying a new motor, How much does a new Cummins cost? Then you have the cost of the swap. If you are comparing cost atleast keep it Apples to Apples Dont compare the cost of a new P400 to a 300'000 mile Cummins out of a old truck.
Hey but it 25 year old truck beyond it lifespan in five years the 6.5 diesel will go the way of dodo. I think sourceing part will be even harder thanit is now. not to mention the fuel the newer 6.5 burn... IMHO the only reason to a CCUCV was the economy of them, Cheap parts ect.. sames wierd to pay 4500 bucks now day for a truck and drop another five G,s for a motor and another 2 say in labor and misc. and have truck get worse milage and gose evenslower than it did before you started.2cents

IdahoPlowboy

Hey but it 25 year old truck beyond it lifespan in five years the 6.5 diesel will go the way of dodo. I think sourceing part will be even harder thanit is now. not to mention the fuel the newer 6.5 burn... IMHO the only reason to a CCUCV was the economy of them, Cheap parts ect.. sames wierd to pay 4500 bucks now day for a truck and drop another five G,s for a motor and another 2 say in labor and misc. and have truck get worse milage and gose evenslower than it did before you started.2cents
Are you on any medication? I am having trouble understanding what you just posted.

Last edited:

Preacherboy

StrengthDoc...if you go with the P400 and fab a new oil pan that will fit. let me know.
Old thread I know, but I'm pretty sure that penisular diesel told me that they have an oil pan that will fit the p400 and fit GM trucks...I think he told me on the phone that they have a jig they use to make it right. I wasn't sure if they would sell me just the oil pan though...I'm sure they would.

helm1008

I think the 6.5/6.2's have a awesome cool factor there a fun engine and they have a'lot of untapped potential. They sound unique with the high 21:1 compression ratio to

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks