• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Orange Shift Indicator disconnected. Any tricks to fix it?

cucvegas

The little orange plastic piece that points to what gear the transmission is in is sitting just to the left of the Park "P" above the steering column.

Is there a trick to fix it, or do you just pull the instrument panel and put it back in?

Thanks in advance.

richingalveston

IMG_0656.jpgIMG_0585.jpg
it is on a wire that is clipped to the bottom of the column piece that turns with the column. sometimes the clip slips but most of the time the wire has cut through the plastic piece that it bends around. you have to take the cluster out and epoxy a piece of metal in place to rebuild the plastic and to keep the wire from cutting through the plastic again.

you can see my epoxy from the back side, I put a metal piece in there for the wire to ride on. cant really see it in the front pic and I could not find the better pics at this time.

hope this helps
Rich

richingalveston

I don't think the second pic is right, I think that is the civy cluster I robbed the gauges out of. here are pics of what I used to fix it, you need something with a shoulder on the outside (closest to driver) so the wire does not pull of the end, I cut the copper lug because it had the outside shoulder and was right diameter for the plastic piece. I did a lot of other things also, the silver is to help the red led backlighting I have.

Attachments

TGP (IL)

Sometimes the indicator cable breaks and can be replaced.

However if the dash is worn or broken out as Rich said,
I use a sheet metal screw with a hollow rivet as a roller screwed into
The dash.
Fixed many this way and still working fine.
Tom

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks