• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

ORD FUSH Kit install

True Knight

I bought the Front Upper Shackle Hanger kit from Off Road Design earlier this year. Finally got it installed! The rear of the front springs were hitting the frame, and the passenger side was riding on the frame a lot. The old bushings were cracked but still in place. The install was pretty straight forward. The kit comes with very nice grade 8 hardware and greasable bushings. I got some scrap 3/8 thick plate that I made into new shackles that are 1" longer than stock to keep the the springs from hitting the frame. To install the kit the hole in the frame needs to be slightly enlarged to 2" to fit the larger FUSH and the bolt holes are also slightly enlarged to 7/16". The FUSH is bolted on rather than riveted on like the stock hanger. Used an angle grinder and air hammer with chisel tip to get the rivets off. Super loud. Ha ha. And I used a hole saw to enlarge the hole. I used an old spindle bearing to fit just inside the stock hole to help keep the saw centered. On the other side I kept the stock hanger in place and used the bolt hole to help keep the saw centered. Not sure which really worked better, or if there's a different method that would work even better.

Overall a simple install. The kit was perfect, fit great, all the bolt holes lined up and the hardware supplied is high quality.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378959591.431656.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378959620.526463.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378959655.213483.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378959671.362327.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378960446.467196.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1378960460.928190.jpg

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks