• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oregon new owner

Starkypdx

Originally well versed in the ford classic ford bronco and resto in that field. Been looking for a while and finally had the opportunity to purchase an m35. All I know is that it starts, runs and was driving across the ramp when i Bought it.
Looking for some info on the year for this thing?

wsucougarx

Welcome aboard from the north! Do a search for "2013 VIN". There's a fellow SS by the handle CARNAC that can look up the VIN of your truck and provide you with year and the last Army Unit she was assigned to for a small donation.

Starkypdx

Thanks for the heads up. I'll see if I can find all the important info and submit to the great Carnac. That's the greatest part about forums, there is always a wealth of information readily available.

goodguyzy

Forgive me for being to simple but the last place it lived was the 116th cavalry:
The 116th Cavalry Brigade Combat Team is the largest formation of the Idaho Army National Guard. It is headquartered at Gowen Field, Boise, Idaho. It has been reorganized into a Heavy Brigade Combat Team (HBCT). The 116th Cavalry Brigade Combat Team has units located throughout Idaho, Montana, and Oregon. It was reorganized into a heavy armor brigade in 1989. Often referred to as the Snake River Brigade and formerly known as the 116th Armored Cavalry Regiment, the unit includes about 3,000 citizen-soldiers from Idaho.

Here is our PNW club house:
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?77974-PNW-Info-Thread!&highlight=pnw

Starkypdx

I was just reading about the 116 when I saw your post. Must be a local truck. I'll find out who consigned the truck to the auction and get the numbers off it when it gets down here. Maybe be able to put the ownership record together a bit. Thanks for the local pnw link, will look at that next.