• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Original HMMWV USMC auction

Jwade

Supporting Vendor
Another batch will be coming soon but going forward they will have the same requirements as the DLA Off Road only and EUC required. However, they will be newer machines with low mileage

Warthog

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The original sale of the USMC trucks in 1999 allowed some HMMWV to be sold that where able to be registered for "on-road" use. They did not have the "off road only" restriction that today's trucks have.

dilvoy

The original sale of the USMC trucks in 1999 allowed some HMMWV to be sold that where able to be registered for "on-road" use. They did not have the "off road only" restriction that today's trucks have.
You are right that they were able to be registered for "on road use" but the bill of sale from the auction house said "off road use only" clearly typed on it. I went to the Ca. DMV and got a on road title for it with no problems back in 1999.

kdaniels

I feel your pain on that issue... I bought mine from the "original" sale too...but on the plus side we haven't had this much activity on the Humvee board in a long time. Plus the interest it will bring to the hobby over all could be a positive thing. It's got to be good for the parts guys too with a whole new customer base. Guess we will have to ride it out and see where the value ends up...but it matters not to me as I never bought mine to resale.

SEMPER FI !!

keith

Jon Giovani

30,000 humvees were just released for sale, the bottom is going to drop out due to market being saturated and they will be able to be had for much much less. Just look at what the price has gone to today compared to a year ago at auction.
Now if we could only figure out why they still won't sell the turtle shells and keep sending them to the shredder.... (slant backs for the non military guys that don't get the turtle shell reference)

Last edited:

KansasBobcat

Pardon my ignorance, what is the significance of the USMC HMMWV? The difference from ordinary HMMWV?
Agree with comments on titles for on road use. Another difference is the USMC HMMWVs had fording kits installed although the intakes and exhausts were removed from many before auction.

KansasBobcat

300,000 humvees were just released for sale, the bottom is going to drop out due to market being saturated and they will be able to be had for much much less. Just look at what the price has gone to today compared to a year ago at auction.
Now if we could only figure out why they still won't sell the turtle shells and keep sending them to the shredder.... (slant backs for the non military guys that don't get the turtle shell reference)
Just curious about source on number of HMMWVs to be auctioned. 300,000 seems like a huge number considering the combat losses, foreign aid,demil, and normal attrition.

Jon Giovani

Just curious about source on number of HMMWVs to be auctioned. 300,000 seems like a huge number considering the combat losses, foreign aid,demil, and normal attrition.
One of the regional managers at gov planet was telling me about it last month.
Apparently they got the contract for them.
I thought the number seemed a little high also, guess we will see what happens.

DoctorCheney223

I have one of the original USMC ones. It was worth a lot more a year ago.
Yeah.. but look at the bright side, you will have PLENTY of spare parts. I purchased a total of THIRTEEN of the original HMMWV's so I could use them for legally transporting customers to and from our range. I have purchased plenty of the recently released HMMWV's to keep my original fleet up and running.

V/R
Ron

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks