• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Original SW M37 temp gauge issues

OutpostM37

Guys,
I purchased a 1963 M37 8 weeks back. Once I got the engine running, I was concerned about the temp gauge. The SW gauge starts out reading 140*F when cold, and goes up to about 185*F when running. This is with ambient temps in the 80's. Gauge should read below 100*F when cold.
Found this when searching issues concerning the SW temperature gauge. Has anyone dismantled the gauge and adjusted the bourdon tube to make it more accurate? Hate to put in an Autometer gauge (expense and hassle) that does not match the other gauges to get a closer to correct reading on temperature. I was going to pull the gauge, check the temp with sensor in boiling water, elevation is 1000ft asl and check to see if it reads about 210*F, then back off to other known temps. Suggestions welcome. Thanks in Advance. OutpostM37 in the Goldfields.

Attachments

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Since that gauge is aftermarket anyway, throw it away and get a new one. Factory was a 24 volt electric gauge.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks