• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Oshkosh Built FMTV Doors

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone know if the doors on this Oshkosh built FMTV cab are retrofittable to an A1R? They are supposedly from a MAN cab and from what I have heard there are a variety of parts from man cabs that fit the Styr cab on our trucks. The cab appears to be the same Styr cab. Thanks
Oshkosh FMTV Door.jpg

GCecchetto

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I don't know, just saw this posted on facebook. Guy that posted it said is a special truck built by oshkosh. Implying it's a a rare find.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yeah well that explains it, people have made it their career to post bs on that site. Soft skin tactical trucks are old school now.

GeneralDisorder

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those trucks are reportedly FMTV contract demonstration trucks. Basically prototype trucks from a manufacturer (I didn't read which one) that was not ultimately awarded the manufacturing contract. Note this is an older model with Michelin tires and door mounted markers. Likely a truck that was tested up against the S&S trucks for one of the manufacturing runs in the 90's.

As to them fitting a standard FMTV soft cab - I can't say for sure but I would guess they could be made to work. The A0/A1/A1R doors are interchangeable. PS Magazine has articles listing NSN's for door assemblies and makes note of the fact that A0 and A1 doors were no longer being supplied and that all orders for replacement door assemblies would receive A1R type doors regardless of truck serial number...... though I'm not sure what unit is ordering them at ~$8,000 per door assembly..... :shrugs:

I would caution that anything sourced from some Euro model might be very difficult to find parts for such as glass, window regulators, etc. It also might be that parts are easier to find. But all of this stuff is approaching 30 years old and likely no longer manufactured so.......

The door handle looks like some 90's VW Jetta plastic garbage. But admittedly it is tough to tell from a grainy photo taken from orbit.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks